Are you trying to manage fatigue or burnout in a care-centred profession? Let TABOR help you care better for both YOURSELF & OTHERS
"The Art of Caring"
'The Art of Caring' is a two part workshop focused on both the care of self and the care of others and is held over the course of two Thursday evenings (4th and 18th of August):
PART A) The Practice of Self Care
Thursday, 4th August, 5pm to 8pm
-Olivia Kearney -
The work of those serving within the community professions often includes, if not centres on, the provision of support and care to others. This can prove both emotionally and physically exhausting. How do we fulfil our role of caring for others whilst still caring for ourselves? This workshop explores the theory of self-care as well as provides practical self-care strategies that can be implemented immediately within any context to help guard against personal and professional burnout.
PART B) Working Creatively with Grief, Loss and Trauma
Thursday, 18th August, 5pm to 8pm
- Vanessa Daughtry -
The art of supporting people in grief, loss and trauma does not always come naturally. However, it is a common part of the human experience and therefore one we must develop a deeper understanding of if we wish to care for people holistically. This workshop explores the theory of grief loss and trauma as well the ways in which to creatively support those who have or are experiencing it.
Tickets priced from $250 which covers both evenings
181 Goodwood Road, Millswood SA
- Join us for two evenings dedicated to your formation and growth at our beautiful heritage listed campus.
- Enjoy supper on us both evenings.
- This workshop forms part of the Tabor ASCEND program, meaning it is able to be completed for the purposes of professional development, to obtain a micro-credential OR to use toward a higher education award (for more details, please see our Eventbrite page).
- Bring a group of 5 or more to receive $50 off the ticket price (enter promo code GRPDISCOUNT at top of the page prior to Eventbrite ticket selection).
- Registration each evening will begin at 4:30pm for a 5:00pm start
- A light supper will be provided each evening
- Concludes 8:00pm;
- Free onsite parking available (please note, entry to Orphanage carpark is accessible via Mitchell Street).
WHY TABOR ASCEND WORKSHOPS
This workshop forms part of the Tabor ASCEND program. Tabor Ascend PD Workshops are different because they have been developed with flexible attendance options to allow you to decide what YOU want out of your PD. This means workshops can be completed for a variety of purposes including personal or professional development; to obtain a micro-credential; or to use toward a higher education award.
Further details on these attendance options are detailed below:
To find out more about how you can leverage PD toward a micro-credential or higher education qualification, please contact Amy Marsland at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT THE TABOR ASCEND PROGRAM
- Workshop topics selected based on community feedback to ensure real world application
- New workshop dates constantly being released (for upcoming options, please see below)
- Designed to support the ongoing growth and development of those involved in education, counselling, chaplaincy, youth work, ministry, leadership, community services or the not-for-profit sector
- Centres on the provision of relevant, meaningful and practical PD.
2022 TABOR ASCEND WORKSHOPS
- 7 Pillars for Cultivating Spiritual Wellbeing
- The Art of Caring
- Developing the Craft of People Helping